I was really hoping that efforts to open up the economy would succeed. Of course, it was a certainty that COVID-19 cases would rise. The only question was “by how much?”
The answer was… bad.
Governments are wisely shutting things down again to let this latest surge abate. In general, case and hospitalization rates follow policy changes by about two weeks, so things are going to get a bit worse before they get better. In the mean time:
- Stay home if you possibly can.
- Wear a mask in public and try to stay six feet away from other people.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands frequently; use hand sanitizer when you can’t.
- If you have to go out in public, change your clothes, shower, and wash your hair first thing when you return home.
I am on a badly-needed vacation with my family for a couple of weeks — in our back yard. Have a glorious Fourth… see you when I get back!